440 SoundBarrier® controls sound in floors, walls and ceilings.
Independently lab tested and time-proven in millions of square feet of residential and commercial structures, 440 SoundBarrier® is a special-density, structural board made from 100 percent environmental Homasote® cellulose fiber, a homogeneous composition manufactured with uniformly distributed protection against termites, rot and fungi and resistance to moisture. It also insulates, with twice the R-value of wood. Made with FSC® certified material.
Carpenters and do-it-yourselfers can easily install 440 SoundBarrier® in room partitions and peripheral walls, ceilings and floors, in:
- single or multi-family housing
- high and low-rise apartments and condominiums
- professional buildings
- assisted living facilities
440 SoundBarrier's Advantages
- FSC® Certified
- Easy to handle, cut and shape
- Widely available in convenient sizes
- Ready to apply directly to framing
- Provides excellent noise attenuation when installed as recommended
- Provides excellent, moisture-resistant thermal insulation