A Message to Our Valued Customers, Employees, and Friends
There’s a lot of emotion, confusion, misinformation, and panic circulating today during the midst of this unprecedented coronavirus/COVID-19 escalating pandemic. Here at Diamond Hill Plywood Company and at Darlington Veneer Company we believe the best path forward is to do all we can to safely continue our normal operations while also keeping our wits about us.
Here is an update on what we are currently doing:
- We are in full operation in Darlington, Greenville, Raleigh, Richmond, and Knoxville.
- We are well equipped with inventory, our suppliers are continuing their shipments to us, and we are making deliveries as usual, but being careful with person to person contact to limit risk of contagion to our customers and to our employees. When making deliveries either to or from our branches, we are enforcing strict social distancing and sanitation measures.
- We are asking customers coming in to our branches to follow safety protocol to limit exposure risk. If you visit a branch, please go directly to the front sales counters to learn more.
- Wherever possible, we are limiting contact with outside vendors to telephone calls.
- Everyone should be on high alert with regard to safe hygiene and taking preventive measures. Stay well hydrated, wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, maintain at least 6 feet of separation from others, and keep away from others altogether if you don’t feel well.
- High traffic/contact areas such as sales counters, door handles, etc., will be wiped down and disinfected regularly on a daily basis.
- All employees will attend safety meetings to discuss COVID-19 health concerns and appropriate preventative measures.
- All meetings will be limited to no more than 10 individuals.
- Be alert for any coronavirus symptoms and call your doctor if you think you are experiencing these symptoms including dry cough, runny nose, sore throat, fever, and difficulty breathing.
- If you feel sick, you should stay home. If you are diagnosed with coronavirus, you should follow all your physician’s instructions. You will likely asked to stay home for at least 14 days and you should have a release to return to work from your doctor.
- We assure you all that we are closely monitoring this situation and fully intend to follow all guidelines issued from the CDC,OSHA, and all other governmental agencies. Your safety is of primary importance to us.
Thank you for your patience and your help to control panic rather than feed it. Our hearts go out to those who have been affected by the virus or whom have had family members stricken. The most important way we can help is to stay calm and collected.
John & Jim Ramsey