PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Generates and follows up on sales leads in territory. Provides thorough product demonstrations; order quotations and secures profitable sales. Ensures customer satisfaction by establishing customer relationships and providing superior customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Follows up on leads generated by marketing activities; telephones or visits potential customers to discuss needs and provide product demonstrations. Develops referrals and make contacts to other potential customers in assigned territory. Attends and work trade shows for company in assigned territory and companywide.
· Ensures contacts received marketing literature and price catalogs; answers any questions and obtains any further information necessary for customers.
· Assists customers with ordering information and configurations; provides quotations on customer requirements and provides appropriate follow up.
· Reviews any questions or concerns with the Sales Manager or Branch Manager. Discuss any unique product configuration/problems with product specialist, engineering or vendor representative as necessary.
· Follows up with customers after receipt of their order; verifies customer satisfaction and resolves any concerns.
· Submits reports to Territorial Sales Manager or Branch Manager; provides weekly activity/call reports, lost sales reports and monthly sales forecasts for assigned territory.
· Provides briefings on sales activities, problems, etc. to Sales Manager or Branch Manager as necessary or as requested.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
Minimum formal education: A college degree with a major in business preferred. High School Diploma, some College Experience, (combination of education and work experience) acceptable.
Minimum job content knowledge: Must have good organizational, planning, and analytical skills and excellent interpersonal skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Negotiating skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Good leadership skills are beneficial. Familiarity with the sales process and spreadsheet applications are required.
Minimum experience: Requires five to ten years’ previous territorial sales experience.
Requires frequent periods of intense mental and visual application. Ability to communicate orally both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mails for communication is essential. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to understand and utilize sales/marketing reports and legal documents.
Requires daily automobile travel and may require airplane travel. Requires exposure to inclement weather periodically. Occasionally lifting over 25 pounds may be necessary to manage samples, literature, and displays. Requires ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend to check inventory levels. Able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques and linear equations, and other analytics as required.