As an Operations Manager, you will have overall responsibility for all aspects of branch operations, office administration, safety record, and profitability. You will work closely with Branch Manager to ensure high quality customer service by ensuring the delivery of materials in a timely and professional manner, onsite leadership support, and other business-related activities as assigned by Branch Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Work with Branch Manager to understand daily and weekly sales, warehouse and delivery priorities
· Supervises all employees by providing direction and training, and communicating company policies, procedures and objectives.
· Supervises all drivers, warehouse, yard and office (ISR & Admin) personnel.
· Supervising performance management and progressive discipline.
· Administers company safety program.
· Perform safety audits when necessary and emphasizes the importance of safety to all employees at the branch.
· Insures all driver reporting and DOT logs are completed timely and submitted timely and properly.
· Performs quality audits to insure the warehouse and delivery operations are being completed efficiently and in a cost effective manner.
· Identify issues that could potentially affect the overall reliability of the equipment and providing feedback and recommendations for the improvement of future installations.
· Oversee the purchasing process for the branch for both warehouse inventory and expense type items. Approve all purchases.
· Supervise all physical inventory audits and inventory counts.
· Reconcile and correct all inventory discrepancies.
· Ensure all supplier invoices are reconciled with the inventory purchases (POs) and are paid with the supplier terms and are applied to the proper GL account.
· Responsible for achieving inventory turns goals and lowering any year old/stale type inventory items.
· Work with branch manager and sales representatives to address specific customers’ needs, both short term and long term
· Assist the Branch Manager in driving sales and gross profit growth and achieving budgets
· Processes and distributes monthly/quarterly sales reports and annual sales reports to all OSRs and ISRs
· Maintains strong familiarity of company product
Education, Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience in building supply industry
· Knowledge of Agility/DMSI software preferred
· Previous Superintendent/Manager experience preferred
· Required ability to read and interpret technical documents and specifications
· Requires demonstrated people leadership and project management skills
· Requires strong computer skills, specifically in MS Office, including Work and Excel
· Requires demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills with all level of employee and customer, internal and external
· 5+ years supervisory and/or management experience within building materials/warehousing/manufacturing environment