Under general supervision of the Branch Manager, supports the branch by maintaining proper inventory levels to service our customer base while maintaining inventory turns. Helps maintain competitive pricing for stock materials to customers.
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for supporting business operations by ordering products or materials that support the branch operation. Their duties include maintaining relationships with suppliers, placing orders for products based on current inventory needs, tracking shipments from vendors, assisting in cycle counts, and ensure that pricing is maintained through the IT department.
Complies with all Diamond Hill Plywood Company established procedures; and complies with all pertinent OSHA and DHP safety procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Purchase stock materials in a manner that will maintain branch inventory levels and turn goals.
· Ensures correct pricing is on purchase orders and that prices match vendor invoices.
· Complete receiving reports and verify pricing when material is received in warehouse.
· Inform sales staff of price changes, back-orders, and vendor specials.
· Uses computer to analyze usage history of materials and advise on early buy purchases.
· Track status of direct to customer orders and inform branch admin when they can be billed.
Assist Branch Operations Manager with weekly cycle counts.
· Act as a back-up to the inside sales team on overflow sales calls.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
Minimum formal education:
Associates Degree or two years college preferred. Must possess mastery of mathematical skills
in order to quickly and accurately verify pricing.
Minimum job content knowledge:
Knowledge of wide variety of building material products.
Excellent interpersonal skills and pleasant telephone manner. Computer skills are essential.
Requires three to five years previous job-related experience and three to five years on-the-job