Receives telephone requests for quotations, order, lead times, and product information/specifications from customers. Makes quotations, writes orders, and relays pertinent order information to customers. Coordinates with outside salesmen on product availability and price. Generates sales and profits through telephone contacts.
Performs duties within Sales Office where customer contact is a prime responsibility.
Complies with all Diamond Hill Plywood Company established credit/collections procedures; and complies with all pertinent OSHA and DHP safety procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes sales telephone calls to current and prospective customers to solicit and obtain order
- Receives telephone request for price quotations, order changes, adjustments, cancellations, and product specifications, directly from customers. Achieves and maintains rapport with customers and works to give them the best possible service
- Uses computer to retrieve customer information, stock status information, the status of customer orders, and to make changes on customer orders
- Ensures correct codes are used and enters work orders
- Informs customers of back order status, price changes, or delivery schedule changes, and sales specials
- Provides service to walk-in customer and make over-the-counter sales
- Assists outside sales representatives by checking inventory and status of back orders and making calls to vendors seeking special products
- Follows corporate credit procedures
- May also perform a variety of purchasing duties to include buying specialty products and/or inter-branch purchases
- May also call vendors for market updates and publish new price lists
- May also, perform other duties and assignments as required to meet the operational needs of the company
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum formal education: High school graduate with some technical training or college. Computer skills essential
- Minimum job content knowledge: Knowledge of wide variety of building products. Excellent interpersonal skills and pleasant telephone manner. Good mathematical skills
- Minimum experience: Two to three years job related experience, or two to three years on-the-job experience.
- Job involves sitting and answering telephone most of the day. Some time spent standing and walking. High level of concentration needed to respond accurately to customer needs.