Works with the Diamond Hill Plywood Company's Sales Organization to ensure profitable customer relationships are secured and maintained. Supports engineered wood products strategic growth with respect to engineering design and sales.
Interprets residential blueprints, performs structural analysis using computer, and outputs framing plan and/or job estimates. Answers technical questions, pertaining to Engineered Wood Products. Designs beams/joists, for customers with engineering and layout software.
Complies with all Diamond Hill Plywood Company's established safety procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts with suppliers, retailers, builders, customers, and sales personnel
- Interprets residential blueprints
- Uses computer to perform structural analysis and develops framing plans
- Creates job needs estimates including quantity of materials, product sizes and costs
- Uses engineering and layout software to design beams/joists for customers
- Performs other functions as necessary to meet the overall Sales and Marketing objectives of the company
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- Minimum formal education: College degree with strong architectural learning or technical degree in drafting or related discipline.
- Minimum job content knowledge: Must have good organizational, planning and analytical skills and excellent interpersonal skills. Strong mathematical, verbal and written communication skills required. Proficient in application and design of engineered wood product plans. High level of competence with drafting tools. Proficient with Windows/Dos-based computer. Advanced knowledge of computer design software is required. Experience in the construction industry is preferred.
- Minimum experience: Requires two to three years' previous experience to acquire proficiency in the areas of residential construction techniques, and blue print reading and job costing.
Ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Hearing, and vision, within normal ranges are essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents. Requires extended periods of sitting, extensive work at a computer monitor, and frequent periods of intense mental and visual application.
Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, printers, scanners, copier and FAX machines.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. May require some travel.
To apply: Email your resume to HR@diamondhillplywood.com
You can also mail or fax your resume to: 843-944-3309