- To operate truck/tractor trailer to deliver or pick up building products
- Complies with all Diamond Hill Plywood Company established safety procedures
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Always use courtesy and diplomacy while representing Diamond Hill Plywood Company
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip safety inspection of truck/tractor trailer as required by Federal and State D.O.T. regulations. Reports any maintenance malfunctions to warehouse manager. Corrects any maintenance issues prior to driving vehicle.
- Loads or assists in loading trucks/trailers with products to be transported, using forklift and or hand truck
- Chocks rear wheels of truck or trailer before end loading or unloading takes place. Removes chocks before driving away.
- Ensures that load is properly secured as set forth under Federal and State D.O.T. regulations. Straps load according to regulations. Covers load with 80lb tarpaulins, as required, to protect products and secure load
- Operates truck, over required route to proper destination, in compliance with all Federal and State D.O.T. regulations. Operates all on board electronic equipment, as required
- Ensures off-loaded products match delivery ticket specifications. Collects payments on accounts, and C.O.D. orders, when required. Assures products are delivered in acceptable condition.
- Obtain shipping bills of loading, necessary signatures, and returns completed paperwork to office. Maintains drivers logbooks as required by Federal and State D.O.T. regulations.
- May also pick up materials from vendors for transportation back to warehouse. Verifies order accuracy
- May also help maintain warehouse and grounds in safe, neat, and orderly manner.
- Maintains assigned equipment in clean and safe manner
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required to meet the operational needs of the warehouse
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum formal education: High school diploma or equivalent with ability to interpret oral and written orders, read road maps, understand, and comply with Federal and State D.O.T. regulations. Must have a valid Commercial Class A driver’s license or Class B license with Air Brake Endorsement. Forklift Driver Certification required. Graduation from accredited truck driving’s training school recommended.
- Minimum experience: Must be at least 25 years of age and requires three (3) consecutive years previous job-related experience. No single break in service greater than (6) months in the three (3) year qualification period.
- Must have driven over 100,000 miles in the last five (5) years. No preventable accidents in the last three (3) years and a minimum of 20,000 miles of driving in current year, with no break in driving service. No D.O.T. recordable accident in the past 10 years as described in FMSCR Part 390.5 (1) (i) (ii) (iii) (2) (i) (ii).
- Job requires frequent climbing, stooping, crouching, and bending; frequently sitting in truck/tractor cab and driving for long periods; frequent heavy manual lifting of objects weighing over 80 pounds.
- Requires high degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of truck/tractor trailer, in securing products, and in preventing damage to materials and equipment.
- Must meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety sensitive employee, subject to random and post-accident substance abuse screening under company policy.