The Administrative Assistant will ensure accurate processing and recording of customer needs, provide timely and accurate financial information, and participate in daily data entry and other administrative activities. This position positively impacts a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide administrative support to the Distribution Center Manager
· Administer and maintain employee time and attendance records
· Perform accounts receivable, accounts payable, shipping/invoicing/credits, payroll and other accounting functions according to established procedures
· Comply with all Diamond Hill Plywood Company established safety procedures
· Performs payroll functions utilizing payroll time and attendance software, monitors all paid time off, FMLA, unpaid leaves of absence and leave under worker’s compensation
· Receives and processes incoming payments.
· Verifies vendor invoices for quantity, unit price, extension, and discount, matching to inventory receiving tallies and purchase order
· Keypunches payables for incoming material. Balances AP Recon and scans documents
· Prepares and obtains approval for all invoicing related to operating expenses. Scans documents
· Verifies shipping documents, prepares, edits and check invoice register against shipping documents. Processes invoices and scans shipping documents. File documents
· Maintain RMA’s (return material authorizations)
· Prepares Monthly Sales and Use Tax Reports
· Prepares Quarterly Fuel Tax Report and sends to Home Office Accounting
· Assist with physical inventory and research inventory discrepancies
· Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies
· Performs other related administrative duties and assignments as required to meet the operational needs of the company
Education, Qualifications and Experience
· High school graduate with one or two years of business school or special study applicable to job.
· Excellent computer skills required
· Must have good organizational and analytical skills. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Job requires six months to one-year previous experience and three-six months on the job training
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is low.